Brene Brown said it best, FFTs (F***ing First Times) are never easy. But you have to get uncomfortable to create. In this first episode, I get real personal and share my story and the tools I used to help me on my cancer journey.
No holds barred, I talk about everything I did to help myself heal including:
- physical activity (and what types),
- using laughter as medicine,
- adopting a pet,
- finding the right medical team,
- filling my life with positivity,
- finding a deeper comfort in my faith,
- and a deeper connection to nature.
Here are the highlights from the show:
- [01:39] I discuss the circumstances of my life just before my diagnosis.
- [02:48] What it was like receiving the devastating news.
- [05:08] Why positivity and laughter are important on this journey and what got in the way.
- [06:01] Using nutrition as the number one, most important tool in my arsenal.
- [09:25] Learning to live after treatment and the role of juicing.
- [10:00] How yoga and walking helped me heal.
- [11:29] How adopting a pet was beneficial to my healing.
- [13:25] Learning to meditate.
- [15:21] Finding my way and learning to use prayer and a faith-based practice to feel a connection to a higher source of purpose.
- [17:11] Curating the medical team and other supportive providers to guide me in the direction of healing.
- [18:33] Creating a gratitude practice to bring calm and peace into my life.
- [19:46] How getting out in nature became a proved to be an essential tool for living.
- [22:11] Finding that thing in life that excites your passion for choosing to live bigger.
A new podcast will be released every two weeks, the second and fourth Thursdays of the month.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I encourage you to subscribe today so you don’t miss out on any upcoming episodes. I’ve got great content coming your way and I wouldn’t want you to miss out.
I am so grateful for your thoughts. If you’ve got an extra minute, I sure would love to hear from you! Head on over to iTunes and leave me a review. Your review will help others find my podcast too. You can also leave me a comment or topic you’d like to hear about in the future right here. Thank you for all the love and support!