One of my favorite drinks of all time is the margarita. But it has to be made just right. Too strong and I’m crying while dancing on the table, too weak and it’s mostly sugar.
In the non-alcoholic version it’s even more important to have the correct mix or you could feel like you’re drinking juice and soda. My answer to making this more of an adult-ish drink is spicing it up with jalapeño. Not so much that your mouth is on fire, but just enough to remind you it’s not the juice in your child’s sippy cup.
The spiciness of the jalapeño just adds that something extra that converts this drink from a plain ole ‘rita to a special treat. It’s so good you won’t miss the alcohol at all!
Spicy Margarita (non-alcoholic)
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1/2 cup honey agave, or maple syrup
- 1/8 cup water
- 3 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 3 Tbsp orange juice fresh squeezed
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup lime sparkling water
- Fresh jalapeno slices for garnish
- mint for garnish
- First, make the simple syrup by bringing jalapeno slices, honey, and water to a boil, then simmering for 15 minutes. When ready, cool completely.
- Next, add crushed ice to a glass.
- In a shaker, combine pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, and 1-2 Tbsp of jalapeno simple syrup. Mix well and pour over ice. Top off with lime sparkling water.
- Garnish with jalapeno slices and mint.