There’s nothing like cold weather to bring out a craving for vegetable soup!
Nothing special, just rounded up veggies, spices, and herbs from the fridge and pantry to cook up some delicious goodness.
The thing about a nice hot bowl of soup is that it nourishes your body and soul. Add a nice piece of bread and you have yourself a meal.
With Coronavirus on the rise, and as we don’t have a treatment for it, the best thing you can do is strengthen your immune system and improve your resilience to the virus. The vegetables in this soup lower inflammation, the very thing that makes you more susceptible to the virus.
So don’t waste another minute, go make this vegetable soup!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 inch nub of ginger diced
- 1 piece turmeric (about 2-3 inches long) (whole)
- 1 head cauliflower broken into pieces
- 3 potatoes diced
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 handful of parsley
- 3-4 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Saute onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and continue to saute.
- Add ginger and saute a minute longer.
- Add broth if vegetable become dry.
- Add all remaining vegetables and enough water to cover (or more broth if you prefer).
- Add herbs and spices, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!